As part of our reception in Minnesota, we are doing a Minnesota wine and Wisconsin cheese tasting.
For the cheese tasting, I'm making "hand-made" platters! I wanted to keep the rustic/vintage feel alive, while also finding a unique way to display the types/names of cheese our guests will be sampling. I knew that we'd only be doing really small pieces of the "tasting cheese" with larger platters for "snacking cheese", so the platters for the "tasting cheese" didn't have to be HUGE.
Here's the plan:
I am taking slices of tree trunks (rustic) and will be sealing them -- essentially turning them into a wooden cutting board, using a wood burner to write the name of the cheese along the edge, and gluing them onto miscellaneous candlestick holders that we got an an antique store. I will post more pictures once they're finished, but here's a few to wet your appetite! :)
 |
| General idea of the "look" of the trays -- they'll be at different heights based on the different candlestick holders |
 |
| Practice with the wood burner, trying to master a technique |
 |
| Wood slices and candlestick holders |
 |
| My "blank canvas" |
 |
| Just playing with the idea of using a stack of old books under one of the wood slices instead of ALL candlestick holders |
I really like idea of mixing in the old books. Nice work
ReplyDelete