Kristina and Tony

Kristina and Tony

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

I love DIY projects!!

I really love crafty do-it-yourself (DIY) projects -- always have, and always will! One of my favorite stores to kill time in is JoAnn Fabrics...they have the BEST stuff there! Seriously! I love being crafty, and what better reason to be crafty than for a wedding!!! Better yet, your own (that way if it turns out looking hideous, you only have yourself to blame...HAHA!)

One of my first crafty projects for our wedding was to make a ring pillow. I think it turned out really cool! In case you're interested how I did it (and want to be wow-ed by my creativity...haha) I took 2 blocks of floral foam, and hot glued them together. Next, I hot glued a whole package of dried moss all around the outsides of the floral foam block. Then, I took a few purple and ivory silk hydrangea's (normally I'm pretty anti-fake flowers, but I didn't think these ones looked too fake-y, and I think they turned out looking pretty nice). Using pearl-head push pins, I tacked several "blooms" all over the blocks in random arrangements. Finished it with an ivory silk ribbon and an old broach.

I love the naturally feel, that it incorporates our colors, and that it's totally unique!



1 comment: